Your cousin is currently being detained by the ICE. The bail amount has been set and it’s too high for you to afford. You decide that the best option is to get an immigration bond. But there are many companies out there to choose from. How do you know which is the right one for your cousin’s case?
We understand this is a difficult time. It’s important that you know exactly what you are getting into when you’re choosing an immigration bail bondsman. With the right bondsman at your side, you will have less stress and know that your loved one will soon be released.
But how do you know if Freedom Federal Bonding Agency is the right one? Well, here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Proven Track Record: Does the immigration bail bondsman have experience in these types of cases? Unlike a regular bail bond, immigration bonds deal with the federal court system and can be quite difficult. If your bond agency has no experience in this area, then you might want to find another reputable company.
- Communication: This is key. If you can’t get in touch with your bondsman or even speak the same language then there will be a communication shutdown. You will want a bondsman who is multilingual, something that Freedom can offer.
- Unwanted Contracts: Some bail bondsman may try to lock you into a contract. This can be difficult and very costly. Say for instance your loved one is deported immediately. If you sign a contract, you’re still contractually bound to pay that premium, even if the bond has been canceled.
- Speed: You want your loved one out, and now. That’s understandable since detention centers are not a very nice to stay in. Unfortunately, processing a bail bond can be timely, especially if a criminal investigation is being conducted. But Freedom will work hard to make sure your loved one is set free as soon as possible — sometimes in less than 24 hours!
- Reuptation: The best person to listen to at this time of crisis would be your immigration lawyer. He/she will recommend an experienced bondsman for your case.
If you need more information on an immigration bond in the Houston area, our immigration bail bondsman is ready to help. Contact us today for more information.