A family member was detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The bail is a pretty steep amount. You don’t have that kind of money. So you decided to go to an immigration bail bondsman to get a bond. But there are so many out there! How do you know whom to trust?
It’s understandable to have confusion, especially at this time. But before you just choose an immigration bondsman at random, there are a few things that you should know. Like any company, it’s important to know what you’re getting into before hiring them. You need to know how the bonds company works, how it can help you through the process, and how it can handle a crisis.
Here are a few questions you need to ask an immigration bondsman before beginning the process.
- Are you a licensed immigration bondsman?
- What is the typical immigration bonds process?
- How long have you been helping families secure immigration bonds?
- How much of a percentage do you charge to post a bond?
- Is there a filing fee involved? If so, how much is it?
- Do you offer a payment plan? Do you take collateral?
- What happens if the family member fails to show up to a hearing?
It’s also important to have as much information as possible so the bond company can give an honest answer about your loved one’s status. And you want to watch out for is a bond company taking your vehicle’s title as collateral. Remember, these cases can take years to resolve and your vehicle’s value will be lost as time progress – which means, you could owe more.
If you have a family member who is in ICE detention and you need a bond, let us help. Contact our Houston immigration bondsman at Freedom Federal Bonding Agency now. To learn more about our bond process, click here. Hablamos Espanol.